So the roof is totalled! I get a new roof, 5 new screens on the house (the hail TORE holes in them!), new turbines (they cool off the attic) and they are giving me money to replace the porch swing (the hail ripped the cover off) and to wash or restain the fence (there are dings and nicks all in it)......so to my untrained eye (and dads) the roof looked okay with just a few shingles off.....the inspector guy saw the damage as soon as he pulled up! It's because we are on the corner, but there are already 4 houses on my street that are getting new roofs....and the storm just hit!
So far I have been very impressed with our new ins! We changed to Nationwide when we bought this house for both the house and cars. I'll let you know if things change, but so far they have been fast and SUPER helpful! The inspector even went and looked at my neighbors roof for me. She's older, widowed and works alot so I wanted to help her out if at all possible and make sure her roof wasn't going to leak on her :)
So a new roof it is....now we are just waiting for the guy to come look at our cars and see how much they will give us to fix them. I would say that having to deal with this for the first time (in our family) the entire 25 years we've been here is not all bad....would I leave Texas.....NOT A CHANCE :) Texas storms are my favorite (but I wouldn't mind not having hail like that for another 25 years ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment