Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Glass is Half Full.....

Okay, my life has been CRAZY and from people's reactions I guess I should be upset, unhappy or just miserable....but I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of person. Let me explain.....

First, Josh and I left our wedding ceremony to a song by Phil Vassar called "Just another Day". I so longed for the kind of life and love in that song.....Here are some of the lyrics..

Kids screamin, phone ringing, mail man bringing that stack of bills, overdue....
Good morning baby, how are you?

Half hour, quick shower, grab a drink of milk but the milks gone sour...
My funny face makes you laugh...put the cap on and put it back.

There goes the washing machine.....baby don't kick it!
Promise I'll fix it....along with about a million other things.

It's okay, it's so nice, just another day in paradise.
There's no place I'd rather be.
Two hearts, one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything and I ask the Lord, every night....
for just another day in paradise


Okay, you get the point....to get a mental picture check out the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yakW10rgKX0

So here's my current paradise....and seriously I've never been happier :)

1. Our oven died about two months ago....
2. Our AC was DYING so we had to replace it before I came home to two cooked dogs (which is what would happen in Texas if it had gone out while I was at work).
3. A HORRIBLE storm came through and caused hail damage to our house and cars.
4. My "new" car (the Jeep) needed some routine work done on it....but it added up quickly!
5. Stephanie has started waking up for a bottle several times a night...I'm super tired!
6. Due to her frequent night feedings she has started spilling out of her diaper causing dirty laundry which would be no big deal except....
7. Last week our washer started to leak all over the laundry room....time for a new machine.
8 and my newest event.....a flood and mold in our bathroom.....

So here's my "glass is half full" version.....
1. No oven means no cookies....I'll be smokin hot by the time Josh gets home ;)
2. The storm damage gave us some $$ to put towards the new AC unit....and the new unit will help out our electric bill
3. The hail storm caused us to get $$ for a new roof and gave me an idea for a new planter out back (to protect our bedroom window in the future).
4. The Jeep is running great and I STILL don't have a car payment :)
5. She's growing, healthy and strong....nuff said!
6. She has leaked out of Huggies and store brand diapers the same....I'm sticking with the cheaper store brand (plus they sell cute ones at Target where our formula is $5 cheaper.....one stop shopping rules!)
7. NEW FRONT LOADING MACHINE HERE I COME!!! which will also help on our water bill (and hold so much more in a load!)
8. I get a new bathroom! The damage was so extensive that the ins guy thinks they'll have to redo just about the entire bathroom (except the cabinets). He's coming tomorrow and they will cut me a check (less the deductible). Then I'll call Grandpa-Steve (Kimmis father-in-law) and tell him my budget....his guys will do it when the have time.

So just to recap, I have a car that runs great and I love, I can't make cookies so I don't cave into cravings for cookies, I get a new roof (great for resale in a few years), Stephanie is a growing girl, Cheap diapers are just as good as the expensive ones, I get a new washer and a new bathroom....life is good :)

.....Friday, you're late,
guess we'll never make our dinner date at the restaurant,
you start to cry...don't worry baby we'll just improvise

Plan B, looks like Dominos pizza in the candle light
then we'll tippie-toe to our room
make a little love that's over due.....

Somebody had a bad dream...
momma and daddy, me and my teddy coming to sleep in between.....

I love my life :)

For those who are curious, here's the yucky mold!

1 comment:

  1. That is the best way to look at life....you will always be much happier if you look at it half full. I use the generic diapers and I love them...and they save me a ton of money :).

    ReplyDelete