My perfect day with my little girl......
Today started beautifully at 8:30 am (30 minutes before my alarm). My little girl was laughing and talking to me....."wake up mommy, I want to play!" I SO LOVE waking up to that! I don't care what time! We got ready for the day and went to Target to pick up some cleaning stuff, bachelorette stuff and baby stuff (they FINALLY had her formula in, we stocked up :) As I'm leaving I realize I was overcharged for the formula. Just $2, but I stocked up so it added up. I went to customer service and waited FOREVER to get a refund....but my baby was happy and talking to me.....Life was good.
Then we went to the petstore, picked up crickets and worms so we could go to my school and feed my frogs (I left one of my HUGE tanks up there.....we don't move that one!) Stephanie was perfect! Slept some, played some, TALKED A TON and was just so precious....so far my day was right on track.
We fed my animals and then met up with my mom to go out and do a taste testing for Kimmi's wedding (she was working and couldn't get off since it's her first day, GO KIMMI!) The food was great and we made all the final decisions. So far, a great day! Happy baby, Happy mommy....but things quickly started to change....
We stopped by a local all organic store to check out the prices, that was fun (unless your name is Stephanie). At this point she began to make it known that SHE WANTED A NAP and not just any nap.....A NAP AT HER HOUSE IN HER BED. Well that wasn't an option so I sat in the back with her and helped her take a nap....she slept a little.. We got to mom and dads and I swaddled her and went and laid down with her....nope, not taking a nap. I put her in her swing....nope, not taking a nap. So then we needed to head to Hobby Lobby and Target to the LAST BIT OF BACHELORETTE STUFF (it feels so good to say that :) Stephanie, the little girl who WOULD NOT take a nap....was PERFECT! She smiled at everyone, laughed and talked. She even had a monster diaper (I had to buy a new outfit and all) and she remained all smiles.....what a sweetie pie!
Mom and I grabbed some dinner (sitting on the porch to ensure Stephanie's good mood would continue). By this point I am DRAINED! My face hurts (sunburned), I'm sore (caring a baby all day) and I'm super tired. So mom takes us home (I just leave my car at her house). I get home and it happens.....THE BROKEN NAIL. I let the dogs outside to go potty and notice Boulders paw has some blood on it....NOOOOOO. I have been TERRIFIED something would happen to this dog while Josh is gone.....He's JOSH'S dog.....Josh's DREAM dog. Now I see blood and that's the end. I just about lose it. I check his nail, it looks okay and he should be fine until he is groomed Tuesday. It just keeps bothering me though.....I'm going to be gone all weekend....what if something happens???
Stephanie is in bed at this point. She had a nice bath thanks to Auntie Kati and is snuggled down for the night....or not. She starts to fuss. I go in and pat her...no such luck. The only way to calm her down is to first, calm myself down and then sing to her. As I sing the worries of the day (and the last 6 months) are gone. It's just me and her, staring at eachother and singing about her daddy. I watch my perfect little princess, my trooper of a shopper, my mini me drift off to sleep and know that very soon her Daddy will be here to do this with us. Perspective returns, I am flooded with calm, peaceful, happy thoughts and I tip-toe out with a smile. Oh, and I also open a letter that has been sitting in the mailbox for several days I'm sure....it's from Josh. It's exactly what I needed to hear tonight....so glad I forgot to get the mail this week :) Thank you God for the little things....like silly made up songs we sing to help our children fall asleep and forgotten mail.
And since I know Josh will read this....Boulder IS fine. I am getting up EXTRA early tomorrow am, taking Stephanie to moms and taking Boulder to get his nails trimmed before the bachelorette party so I don't have to worry about him :) and he will be groomed and looking good Tuesday. My house WILL be clean and my yard will be mowed by Wednesday evening thanks to Mom taking Stephanie for the day and come Thursday morning I will be a new woman :)
Today started beautifully at 8:30 am (30 minutes before my alarm). My little girl was laughing and talking to me....."wake up mommy, I want to play!" I SO LOVE waking up to that! I don't care what time! We got ready for the day and went to Target to pick up some cleaning stuff, bachelorette stuff and baby stuff (they FINALLY had her formula in, we stocked up :) As I'm leaving I realize I was overcharged for the formula. Just $2, but I stocked up so it added up. I went to customer service and waited FOREVER to get a refund....but my baby was happy and talking to me.....Life was good.
Then we went to the petstore, picked up crickets and worms so we could go to my school and feed my frogs (I left one of my HUGE tanks up there.....we don't move that one!) Stephanie was perfect! Slept some, played some, TALKED A TON and was just so precious....so far my day was right on track.
We fed my animals and then met up with my mom to go out and do a taste testing for Kimmi's wedding (she was working and couldn't get off since it's her first day, GO KIMMI!) The food was great and we made all the final decisions. So far, a great day! Happy baby, Happy mommy....but things quickly started to change....
We stopped by a local all organic store to check out the prices, that was fun (unless your name is Stephanie). At this point she began to make it known that SHE WANTED A NAP and not just any nap.....A NAP AT HER HOUSE IN HER BED. Well that wasn't an option so I sat in the back with her and helped her take a nap....she slept a little.. We got to mom and dads and I swaddled her and went and laid down with her....nope, not taking a nap. I put her in her swing....nope, not taking a nap. So then we needed to head to Hobby Lobby and Target to the LAST BIT OF BACHELORETTE STUFF (it feels so good to say that :) Stephanie, the little girl who WOULD NOT take a nap....was PERFECT! She smiled at everyone, laughed and talked. She even had a monster diaper (I had to buy a new outfit and all) and she remained all smiles.....what a sweetie pie!
Mom and I grabbed some dinner (sitting on the porch to ensure Stephanie's good mood would continue). By this point I am DRAINED! My face hurts (sunburned), I'm sore (caring a baby all day) and I'm super tired. So mom takes us home (I just leave my car at her house). I get home and it happens.....THE BROKEN NAIL. I let the dogs outside to go potty and notice Boulders paw has some blood on it....NOOOOOO. I have been TERRIFIED something would happen to this dog while Josh is gone.....He's JOSH'S dog.....Josh's DREAM dog. Now I see blood and that's the end. I just about lose it. I check his nail, it looks okay and he should be fine until he is groomed Tuesday. It just keeps bothering me though.....I'm going to be gone all weekend....what if something happens???
Stephanie is in bed at this point. She had a nice bath thanks to Auntie Kati and is snuggled down for the night....or not. She starts to fuss. I go in and pat her...no such luck. The only way to calm her down is to first, calm myself down and then sing to her. As I sing the worries of the day (and the last 6 months) are gone. It's just me and her, staring at eachother and singing about her daddy. I watch my perfect little princess, my trooper of a shopper, my mini me drift off to sleep and know that very soon her Daddy will be here to do this with us. Perspective returns, I am flooded with calm, peaceful, happy thoughts and I tip-toe out with a smile. Oh, and I also open a letter that has been sitting in the mailbox for several days I'm sure....it's from Josh. It's exactly what I needed to hear tonight....so glad I forgot to get the mail this week :) Thank you God for the little things....like silly made up songs we sing to help our children fall asleep and forgotten mail.
And since I know Josh will read this....Boulder IS fine. I am getting up EXTRA early tomorrow am, taking Stephanie to moms and taking Boulder to get his nails trimmed before the bachelorette party so I don't have to worry about him :) and he will be groomed and looking good Tuesday. My house WILL be clean and my yard will be mowed by Wednesday evening thanks to Mom taking Stephanie for the day and come Thursday morning I will be a new woman :)
I am so blessed that the biggest problem I had today was that I had to buy an outfit because Stephanie's diaper didn't do the job, that I am tired because I have spent the day with my mom and that my dog has a broken nail.
Thank you God that these are the things I had to deal with today.... These are the "gifts" of motherhood
that I look forward to :)
Here are some new pictures of my perfect gift from God...
A bit fuzzy because she was "flying"....one of her new favorite things :) She's getting so big!!
It is really nice when your biggest problem is a broken nail...What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful healthy little girl. Love you and see you in a 10 days.
ReplyDelete