Tools of the Trade...
While Mom and Dad have been busy reclaiming their house (every inch of it! They keep bringing me more stuff ;) I have been busy doing some reclaiming of my own. Not just of rooms.....of organization, cleanliness, peace and tranquility. For some time my house has not been a home.....it's been where Stephanie and I hang out, eat and sleep but not the relaxing oasis I wanted it to be. Now, I have managed to keep my backyard as a peaceful place that I enjoy being....but stepping back into the house is not always a fun experience (aside from the fact that it's nice and cool ;)
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my little house, I am beyond grateful that Josh and I are in a house, the house is in good condition and I am able to do alot of fun cosmetic things to spice it up (even putting a pepper plant on the table) I was so busy being last summer being prego (and SUPER sick) then so busy with being a mommy and work that I didn't have time for my house. Cleaning had become something I just didn't do. I kept up with dishes, bottles and always had clean laundry....that's about it. Tonight I am happy to say that my house is CLEAN, my laundry is done, folded AND PUT AWAY, the guest room and bathroom look amazing and my house is actually my house. The messes are all mine (so there is no one to blame them on or any excuse to leave them), and Boulder is a "free man" being able to roam the house and do his thing......which is follow me around. It's still strange to walk to the bathroom and see a guest room and not Kati's room.....and not smell her perfume in the bathroom......she has lived with us since we bought the house.....miss you sister! Can't wait for you to see what I've done to the place ;)
Here are some before and after pictures. None posted of the "after" for our bedroom and bath....that's a surprise for Josh (Family can see it when they come over, I just want him to say, WOW!) same with the kitchen...if I do end up redoing it I won't post any pictures...that'll be a surprise to :) Enjoy....yes it was hard work, but it was so worth it! Sitting on my couch and enjoying the clean home that I have "made" for my family is awesome! I love being a "house wife"....
It's all folded....promise!!
Guestroom before
After.....
Kitchen Before:
Kitchen After:
My Plants....some cucluants, some herbs and a little spice....a peper plant!
Living Room Before.....WOW!
and after....
Guest Bath Before:
and after.....my favorite!!
and my new shadow....
In the guest room
in the kitchen.....
in the living room
Mommy's boy :)
WOW the house looks amazing...I love having a clean home. I am actually cleaning my home right now so I won't come home to a messy house...I always love having it clean before a trip. Can't wait to see you!!!
ReplyDelete