From what I hear some soldiers come home and it is very difficult to transition back to life, they have a hard time with their wives, kids and just daily existence. They have had someone tell them what to do and when to do it for several months and even years. This was not the case for Josh (Thank you God!) He came home and QUICKLY adjusted to being a husband and daddy (and actually making decisions for himself :) Actually, looking at us you would never have known he was gone. For the first few weeks I pretty much wanted to be able to see him at all times (asking him to come into the kitchen if I was doing dishes and kinda following him around like a puppy). Now it's just back to "normal" life and it's so beautifully boring! There hasn't been much of an adjustment and I thank God for that!
Snapshot of our beautifully boring life:
Being a Mommy is the most challenging and rewarding job I have ever had. Stephanie has been getting up A TON lately at night. I've been TRYING to survive as a working mom on 4-5 hours sleep. When I first hear her stir I pray, "Please, let her go back to sleep"....doesn't happen! So I get up and go in at which point I am pulled deeply into being a Mommy. We rock and rock and rock. I rarely lay her back down without atleast rocking and snuggling her for 30 minutes (usually more). I treasure these times. Not many understand why I would go in and especially why I would stay in there so long. She wakes up because she needs me....she needs some reassurance, some contact with Mommy or maybe it's just a clean diaper (and if I have to get up to change a diaper I'm gonna get some snuggle time while I'm at it ;) I love to rock her, pat her back, smell her hair and feel her little fingers wrapped tightly around mine......I love being a mommy (sleep deprived and all).
Josh is amazing and my perfect match! It is strange how we have the same views on family and life. They are pretty extreme and questioned by others often......being on the same page and believing so strongly in them makes it so much easier! He is working SO HARD right now to help us recover from him being in Iraq. He is also surviving on very little sleep and still makes time to spend with Stephanie and I. Today when he got home from an all night shift he came in and loved on his girl. He then fed her breakfast while I got dressed and ready for the day. He was SOOO tired but didn't show it a bit! When we go to wake him up so he can go back to work Stephanie gets so excited to see him and he always snuggles with her. They play for a bit in our bed before he has to shower and go to work. He never leaves without kissing us both and does the same as soon as he walks back in the door from work. I am just amazed at how well we fit. Thanks baby for being patient with me until I finally realized the person that I am (and not what I was trying to be). Thanks for working so hard for us and for ALWAYS making time for Stephanie, even when you are beyond tired.
Despite all our sleep deprivation and crazy schedules God has given us patience for eachother (and we're not clawing each others eyes out, you know how people get when they are tired!) we still grocery shop together every week, we find a church service we can go to (except when Stephanie is sick like the last two weekends), we spend time out back with the dogs, go for walks and watch the news :) True....all this is packed into a few hours a day at best, but God is good and providing us with a way to stay connected even when stretched thin. This season in our lives could have been a difficult one, I thank God that he is helping us to cruise right on through with very few "speed bumps" :)
**Pictures to come, tomorrow should have some fun family photo opps**
No comments:
Post a Comment