So today was a great, fun and super busy day (all without leaving home). Stephanie and I slept in until 11 (she didn't go down for the night until midnight due to a late nap). We got up, had a bottle, played out back with the dogs and played in the living room for about an hour an a half before she went down for her afternoon nap. While she was sleeping I cleaned the house....well the living room and kitchen, then did all our laundry. Stephanie woke up and had a bottle (she's so cute when she eats :) I put her in her swing after her bottle because she WOULD NOT burp and I didn't want her to spit up. While she was in her swing I vacuumed the house (and she didn't mind the noise at all!)
In the middle of my vacuuming I noticed the house (and sky outside) get very dark. I turned on the TV and we were under a severe storm warning....which is typical for this time of year in the afternoons. So I stop vacuuming and watch the tv.....after about 15 minutes of storm coverage they announce a tornado warning (this is the serious kind) for our county. I quickly grab Roxy (my small dog) and Aspen (Kati's dog) and put them in the laundry room....don't worry, they were in their crates (they fight). Then Boulder, Stephanie and I watched TV to see where the rotation was (no tornado actually touched down). It was in Kimmi's neighborhood and my schools area....wow! We never had to go to the bathroom and I was able to finish cleaning the house....but it was strange to deal with this on my own. At my school the students were in the hallway waiting out the storm...duck and covering and all! At most schools in the area they brought in all students from the portables and were prepared for the worst (which we never got). The worst we got was some strong winds and hail (I'll post pics later).
So I cleaned my house (which I haven't done in about a year), I did ALL my laundry, washed and sanitized all our bottles, cleaned the kitchen (including mopping) and checked some email!! I feel like a "real" stay-at-home, productive mommy (and all this right before I go back to work ;) Today was a SUPER fun (and VERY productive) day! I look forward to more of these this summer!
I am so looking forward to going back to work....I miss my friends there and my kiddos, I have my dream job~Thank God! Stephanie will stay with one of my good friends so I won't have to worry about her one bit while I'm at work. Stephanie has put herself on a WONDERFUL schedule that will be perfect when I go back to work! I go see the surgeon Wednesday and am hoping they have to drain my little pocket of stuff for the LAST TIME and that my health will be 100% when I go back to work. Stephanie and I look forward to this next chapter in our lives....being a working mom will be tiring, but I look forward to it. I am so blessed to work such a short day and during her big nap time....I'll get to have most of the afternoon and evening with her for walks and playtime :) Despite the difficult road that has brought our little family to this point I am VERY happy with where we are and look forward to where we are going. God has given me such a great little family....I am so thankful!
tee hee, I didn't feel like a real mom til Lily pooped in the bath tub!!
ReplyDelete