Stephanie has been fussy and hurting since I started on antibiotics about 23 days ago. They just kept having me try a new one, then a different one, and now another one....which made her tummy hurt and her burps were SOOO loud and made her whole body shake, so sad!! She has now been on formula for a little over 24 hours and is SUCH a happy baby!!! She has been content, napped well without being held the whole time, burped right after eating (and not an hour later after much fussing and pulling up her legs) and is just such a precious, happy little one. She has smiles, coos and giggles for all....my sweet, happy princess is back :) Not that she was horrible while she was nursing (and I was on my meds)....she was just not her happy self and that was sad for me. God is good and despite my heartache about having to go to formula I now have my happy baby back and that is worth it all ;)
We also had our first visit to church today (she slept through it) and I LOVED it! I SOOOO missed being there to hear Matt and be both encouraged and challenged. Josh can download the podcasts and listen to the message as well so we are able to discuss them which is great because the message today was great!!! (www.thevillagechurch.net)
Have a great week, much love to all and Happy Easter :)
So wonderfulllllll!
ReplyDeleteI totally feel exactly what you are going thru!
When we were in the hospital still trying to breast feed with Lily, it was very frustrating as she seemed to do really well, but wasn't getting much milk. (she couldn't form a seal, therefore making sucking productively pretty hard) They had me meet with a OT feeding specialist to help me with bottle feeding her (as that wasn't even regular!). After she had that first bottle of formula (I hadn't pumped enough yet) she was just so full and satisfied! I knew that I would do what ever it took to keep her that way!
Your post made me get a little teary as it brought back so many emotions for me about tiny Lily baby!
We love you guys and just let me know if you want the McGrane girls to come and keep you company!