Well it happened again! Today the snow/sleet started around 11 and hasn't stopped! The sleet gave way to HUGE snowflakes (blog update later). We have about 4-6 inches right now and they are saying we could get up to 8-10 inches. This is round one and we are supposed to get another round later on tonight!! This is twice in one week and BOTH in March! Crazy!! They are adding about an inch or more snow per hour! It was in the 60's yesterday....and now it's super cold and TONS of snow! The roads have gone from okay when kati left for work an hour ago to HORRIBLE now at 3. Kimmi is almost home (she's on Main street in Lewisville which is GOOD!) and Kati will be heading home once all her students are picked up....which may not be until 7 or 8 if parents are stranded at work! They canceled her work (ESD) but she can't leave until all kids are picked up. I just hope parents left early or were able to call a friend to pick their students up. 34,000 people in the DFW area are without power! It's nuts!! Glad Stephanie and I decided to stay home today! People are stranded everywhere and they are opening up shelters for them to stay for the night! Stephanie and I have been warm and playing :) I took some cute pictures and video...will update the blog later.
Stephanie started taking naps in her crib today....and it has been interesting! She started getting tired around 11 so we nursed and I put her down. She slept 20 minutes and woke up. This continued until 2, when we got up and played some. She was super tired, but happy playing for about 30 minutes. We nursed again and put her back down....so far she's sound asleep....we'll see how it goes :)
Still waiting to hear back from my dr. After reading an article my aunt sue sent me I am 99% sure I have an abscess that may need to be drained or something....my dr WILL call me tomorrow or I'll be the biggest pain in the neck to them! I'm having a hard time sleeping now it's so sore....and we all know I have a high pain tolerance!
That's our update....pictures and video to come once I load them....
~snowed in IN TEXAS!
the brooks' girls
No comments:
Post a Comment