I need to update but don't have the energy (or caffine) to say all that is on my mind. It's been a BUSY two months!! Playdates, Foster Placement, Foster Placement leaves, Daddy gone for TWO AND A HALF weeks and now the fun of the Christmas Season!!! Everything is calm now.....I feel like it's the calm before the storm. We are waiting for our next placement....I'm reminded daily of how I DO NOT wait well :/ I am working on that!
Here is a mindless update....until I have either had more sleep or more caffeine ;)
Stole this from a friend, Thanks Jana :)
Outside my window… Cloudy, rainy, chilly. This weather makes me happy!! Lots of snuggles, lazy days in PJ's and old blankets to bundle up in......and oh so wonderful seat warmers in my super duper minivan :)
I am thinking…about the children "out there" that will one day be in our home. How hard it is for me to be getting Christmas ready for my precious girls knowing that there are children out there who need a home......we have two beds empty and waiting, I HATE waiting.
I am thankful for…my hubby. He is amazing! He has returned home from 2 1/2 weeks of military training only to be going nonstop with Daddy and Hubby duties along with long shifts at work and minimal sleep. He is fantastic and I am so blessed to be able to spend the rest of my life with him!!!
From the kitchen…ugh, the kitchen! I have done NO dishes today and yesterday grocery shopped leaving EVERYTHING on the counters except what had to go into the fridge!! Tomorrow am will being good coffee, Folk Angel Christmas music and a CLEAN KITCHEN.
I am wearing…the most amazing long underwear-type jammies from Old Navy (and they are on sale for $5 a pair right now...I bought every color they had in my size, haha! But did have to promise hubby I wouldn't wear them outta the house ;)
I am creating… nada....but I need to be working on finishing up some fabulous Christmas gifts and WRAPPING!!!! I do have some earring designs in my head....does that count??
I am going…to clean my house, wrap and go to the gym tomorrow! and all before naptime (well that's the plan anyway)
I am reading… nada. that's kinda sad!
I am hoping…to have a foster placement soon! Lord please bring us a kiddo (or two) that is a wonderful addition to our family. Bring them soon so we can show them your love and give them a safe place to live!
I am hearing…the white noise of the baby monitor....which means I am NOT hearing any children!!! They are sound asleep :)
Around the house…toys are everywhere, dishes need to be done, groceries need to be put away and A TON of laundry needs to be folded. Tomorrow is going to be a big day ;)
One of my favorite things… my hubby's hugs....there is something so powerful and restoring in his arms.
A few plans for the rest of the week… clean, laundry and enjoy the celebration of Jesus birth. Stephie is so excited to have our bday party for Jesus and to go see more "Bethlehems" this week. She is kinda obsessed with driving around and looking at lights.....but we HAVE to find nativity scenes or she freaks out. This Christmas has been SOOOOO much fun because she is excited and she is actually understanding what it's all about....woohoo!!
Have a Very Merry Christmas!!
Please keep Foster Kiddos in your prayers.....
so many kiddos, so few forever families :/
No comments:
Post a Comment