Sunday, May 3, 2009

What's new in Our World

Hmmm, I know it's been awhile! Like I have said before....I am a horrible working mom and my blog is one of the MANY things that shows this simple fact ;) In the past few weeks we have had a TON of fun and Stephanie continues to grow and change. We bought tickets to go see our family in California this summer and I am VERY EXCITED! It's in the back of my mind everyday!! Stephanie and I have spent time practicing who Mickey and Minnie are as well as visited some of the Disneyland rides via YouTube....she get excited watching the videos....I can't imagine how precious it will be when she is really there! Taking her to see my grandparents, aunt, uncle and all the cousins is such a blessing! My happiest childhood memories are all intertwined with roadtrips to Cali, fun family time, coffee at Papa and Grandma's and of course Disneyland and the Ocean....I can't wait to share these with Stephanie (not that she'll remember but we'll get some great pics :) I want to try and make the trip every 2-3 years so she has some of the same wonderful memories I do.

She had her 15 months check up and has gained about a pound since January.....but has grown a little over THREE INCHES!! No wonder she is eating like a lineman! I have a whole slideshow of this girl putting it away coming up. She is a healthy eater.....but eats A TON. Her favorites right now are apples (whole), strawberries, mac-n-cheese (Annie's Natural), sweet potatoes (her all time #1), cucumbers, beets (raw, grated) and of course bananas! The dr asked us how/what she ate, if she was using a bottle, passy, what kind of milk.....all the usual questions. We seem to be doing a fine job because she told us not to change a thing (yea!) She also didn't say A WORD to us about the vaccine's we are choosing not to do (Dr Sear's The Vaccine Book). Every other visit (with other dr's in the practice) they have atleast asked us why we are not doing some, or tried to get us to do them anyways. Nurse Kim was AWESOME and very supportive! She will be our primary from now on. And for those who ask "doesn't she have to have all those shots for preschool and public school?" NO! That's what they want you to believe! There is a form you can request from your state health dept that says you have declined vaccinations due to "conscience" and that's it. So I have filed for Stephanie's form and it should be here and in our safe in a couple weeks. Our plan is to homeschool so the shots wouldn't be an issue anyways, but often a shot record is required for dance, sports, swim lessons and any other type thing that is a larger group setting. This lovely piece of paper means they have accept my choice to selectively vaccinate and that's that.....very nice :)

We enjoyed Lily's bday party last weekend (Check out Kinome's blog for cute pics). Stephanie had a blast playing! She didn't really play "with" any of the kids but made sure to say near them :) It was super cute. Precious baby Hank was there.....and Stephanie didn't want much to do with him.....oh well. It was great for Josh to get to hang out with his buddies from High School and it's always fun to see all the kids running around together.

I'm sure you have all heard my district is closed for the week. I get a week off of work courtesy of the "swine" flu (N1H1 or something). There have been several suspected cases so I guess they are playing it safe. I pray my kiddos wash their hands a ton while they are home.....don't want any of them getting sick :( I do worry how many of them will eat......we provide their two hot meals a day (breakfast and lunch) and also send home a backpack full of food for the weekends.....it concerns me that they have a week at home and may or may not eat......

The good news is I am home with my princess and this week DOES NOT have to be made up! Yesterday I caught up on housework, mowed the front yard (before our WONDERFUL Texas storms rolled through) and got the kitchen back to FUNCTIONING. Again, I am a horrible working mom! Anyone who would like to argue that could ask Kimmi what shape my house was in yesterday.....I believe her comment was "man sister, your house needs some ATTENTION" Really, I didn't notice!! haha! I look forward to a week of chasing around a CRAZY, energetic and CLIMBING ON EVERYTHING toddler, staying on top of the house chores, eating way healthy and juicing atleast every other day.....a taste of what is to come in 19 days (thats how many working days I have left folks, can you believe it!?!?!?!

This weekend we get to celebrate Joel's bday. I am SUPER excited to see Val....feels like it's been forever! Everytime we have had a trip planned to go down something ALWAYS comes up, ugh! This one is set......we missed his bday last year because I didn't want to travel alone with Stephanie....we are not missing this bday (plus, I have his gift purchased and it's oh-so-cute :)

One last thing.....where has KALE been all my life?? I just discovered this new veggie and it's AMAZING!! I have had it in salads, juiced it and had it in a WONDERFUL sandwich wrap. I am so in love I am trying to order 4 bunches of it for each co-op delivery. Seriously, I had never even heard of it.....man have I been missing out! Not only is is awesome to eat, it is actually one of the top cancer fighting veggies. The other night Josh and I had kale salads with tomatoes (yes, I have the boy eating tomatoes!), raw grated beets (another new FAVORITE), hard boiled egg and cucumbers. I've found this FABULOUS flax seed flatbread for sandwiches....it's great! I have been CRAVING sandwiches and have spent WAY to much money on Subway the last few weeks. So I went to Target and bought what I would need to make them at home (all I really needed was some yummy flatbread). Flaxseed is something we are trying to incorporate into our diets as much as possible so this flatbread was perfect!! I made a sandwich yesterday and it was great! Can't wait until lunchtime to have one today ;) Seriously, if you would have told me a year ago I would be eating like this....and would be EXCITED about it! Not to mention having Josh on board with me.....I would have NEVER believed you!!!

Okay, enough typing....Stephanie is down for a nap so I should probably try and rest as well. Will try to have more fun pictures and videos up this week. Have a fantastic week and wash your hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment