Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Great Great Grandma Christy's Hat

My Great-Grandma Christy (my moms grandma) was a tiny little lady who always wore a hat and gloves to church.  She died when I was little (not before I was able to get to know her, thank God) and my mom had the privilege of getting some of her church gloves and this white "sunday hat" among other things.  My sisters and I would play tea party and dress up with a few pairs of the gloves growing up....until we outgrew the gloves :)  Mom then safetly packed them back up and recently gave two pair along with this "sunday hat" to Stephie for dress up......THEY ARE HER FAVORITE ITEMS!!!  She loves to wear the hat and a pair of gloves DAILY and of course they are the perfect accessory for every outfit )

 Mary has started to get in on the accessorizing! She only leaves the hat on for a minute or two but for those minutes she thinks she is HOT STUFF!


Thanks to Grandma Christy for taking such great care of her things....so many years later they are still being loved and I think if she were able to look down on my tiny little Mary wearing her hat it would make her smile...not so sure how she would feel about Stephie "cooking" in her sunday gloves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment