Friday, August 20, 2010

Good Bye Facebook, hello Blogger

**Pictures to come**

Goodbye Facebook....it's been a fun run but the last 8 months you seem to have slowly TAKEN OVER and it was time for you to go. Facebook for the iphone was the demise of my spare time (and even my not so spare time). It was a BLAST to be able to catch up with old friends and see what everyone is up to....but do I really need to know what EVERYONE is up to?? No, not when it is taking time away from my kids, my house, my hubby and most importantly my relationship with God (and without that everything is all out of balance!)

I have been on the fence about my relationship with faecbook for a month or two now. I had slowly deleted "friends", pictures, posts and personal information. I had gotten things down to a fraction of what used to be "out there" on facebook. I tried to delete the app from my phone only to reinstall it after a day or two when I wanted to add a picture of our yummy lunch and realized I couldn't do it RIGHT then, sigh. So now I'm off and it feels great (but I do miss it). I have a bare bones profile so people can get a hold of me and so I am still able to search for new friends (like mommies at playgroup that I only catch their name ;) Otherwise I will not be logging on....keep up with our many adventures here (or give me a call, haha!

I never realized how many times a day I checked facebook....until I didn't have it on my phone but still seemed to need to check my phone every few minutes. I also didn't realize how my brain was ALWAYS in facebook mode until I didn't have it and thought of a post......only to realize I didn't have a "wall" to post it on anymore. The last two months my addiction peaked and I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I logged onto my blog.....TWO MONTHS since an update!! That's so not me! So goodbye Facebook! It was fun but I need so much more......

Look forward to more posts and a TON of pictures to come!!! We have been busy and there is so much to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment