Saturday, May 8, 2010

Not many April showers, but looking forward to May flowers


We enjoyed the sunshine in April and TONS of time outside! I was disappointed by the lack of Texas Storms.....but we are looking at this coming week with a forecast full of showers, one can only hope! Stephie and I have planted A TON of flowers/seeds and so far all we have it little sprouts......they need a GOOOOOOD soaking rain! We water them but there is only so much watering I can afford :/ If we get some beautiful flowers I promise to take some pics :)

Stephie is potty trained now, woohoo! She decided three weeks ago tomorrow that she was going to go poopy before church....and sure enough she did! We then stayed home about two weeks and just ran around in long t shirts or dresses and it was magic! We are potty trained and even waking up in the morning dry more often than wet, go girl! I was planning to wait until August, guess she told me ;) We do a little "school" time every day or two and she loves it! She feels so big and loves to work on her letter cards! She knows all of her capital letters (thanks Michelle) and now is working on the difference between "mommy letters" and "baby letters". We have some flashcards another homeschool momma gave me and Stephie loves to practice and hold the cards. So fun to watch her learn and grown!

Mary is a GROWING GIRL! She can roll over from her back to front and talks ALLLLLL the time (wonder where she gets that ;) She is very strong and is always trying to spit up. She is a drooling machine.......I'm sure her teeth are doing something because she slimes anything she touches and ALWAYS has something in her mouth. Praying breastfeeding helps with teething (since Stephie was on a bottle by this time and teething was NO FUN!)

We are starting the process of becoming licensed Foster Parents through an organization called Covenant Kids. Josh and I always knew we wanted to adopt. We started this process before getting prego with Stephie and then put it on hold until we were done being prego. We are not done and look forward to growing our family through adoption. I have an amazing support group of Mommies who have walked this road before me using this organization and their situations are VERY close to ours as far as kids and home life.......so blessed to have their wisdom and encouragement! Details to come as we get them......as of now we are in our second phase of paperwork and start our classes late June.

Here are a few fun pics of our little family from this last week. Can't believe how fast my girls are growing!

Stephie (above) and Mary (below) both at 4 months......man Stephie had a TON of hair!








Stephie may look like me but she ended up with Josh's hair! and Mary looks JUST like Josh but ended up with my hair (or lack of!)Man I love these girls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment